Thursday 2 October 2008

Bargains and Knitting

I have bagged myself a fab bargain this week, well I think so anyway, a trip to the local charity shops proved fruitful this week. The local hospice shop is sometimes the best place in town for my bargains and thats where I got my lovely pinny, I am sure it is vintage fabric, but how long ago it was made I don't know as it feels like new and it was the grand total of £3.00


You can just see one of my new cushion covers peeking out from under it, I made two last week and they really do brighten up the sofa.

Now, onto my knitting, I am not the best knitter in the world but have wanted to have a go at knitted dishcloths for a while, well this week I ordered and recieved two balls of dishcloth cotton and a pair of knitting needles, so I got to work almost straight away and the result is these.....


Two dishcloths, I haven't used them yet but I have heard that people using handmade dishcloths like these never go back to mass produced ones, so we shall see how I get on with them.

Thanks for stopping by, take care

Trish xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for joining the handknitted dishcloth club!

I did 3 out of one ball of cotton - 1 for me 1 for DD (WHY are you knitting a dishcloth Mum?0 and 1 for my giveaway. I found the knitting so relaxing I bought some more cotton today!

I'm going to be overrun with the things or could be that there will be dishcloth Christmas presents (may not go down well).

Anonymous said...

Just realised our shared birthday may have something to do with the dishcloth thing!

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi love the apron its gorgeous. Congratulations on your special day. I am catching up with everyones blogs as I have fallen of my blogging wagon!

Lace hearts said...

Well done on the dishcloths! And I love the apron as well...and your cushions...in fact, if you get bored of the pattern you could send it down here!
And the answer to your question. Um. Let me think. No! lol. Hope married life is blissful. xxx

jo said...

Gorgeous apron!! Have nominated you for a blog award hun xx

Mary Poppins said...

I have Tagged you :)

Diana said...

Hi there these dishcloths look great. Think I need to find sone dishcloth cotton!
Love from Di